Ooltewah High School has been and continues to be a high performing school and is the only school in Hamilton County to win the coveted State Governor's Incentive Award for Academic Excellence the past three years.
6123 Mountain View Rd.
Ooltewah, TN 37363
Phone: (423) 238-5221
Fax: (423) 238-5871
January 28, 2009
Today during Directed Studies:
- Engineering Academy Advisory Council scheduled today during D.S. has been canceled.
- Key Club will meet in Coach Buchanan’s room.
- Junior Class officers will meet today in Coach Buchanan’s room.
Attention students: The annual OHS Shakespeare Monologue Competition will be held today during 3rd block.
Seniors who are going to the Superintendent’s Honors Banquet need to check with Mrs. Pitts to get their photo made ASAP.
FBLA membership is open until Monday, Feb. 2nd. If you wish to join, please turn in your form and $15 to an FBLA adviser.
Engineering Academy Students: There are a few hoodies still available for purchase. See Ms. Pickett in room 422.
FBLA will begin taking orders for pots of tulips during all lunches through Friday, Jan. 30th. The cost will be $10 and checks should be made to the March of Dimes. Tulips will be delivered to your special person at Ooltewah on Wednesday, Feb. 11th.
Attention students: Coaching for Forensics and Shakespeare will be everyday from 2:30-4:00 in the Little Theatre.
All 2009 Seniors are invited to the Super Bowl Saturday Senior Spectacular on Jan. 31st at Miller-Motte Technical College. From 2:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. play games, eat good food, and learn about programs at Miller-Motte. See Mrs. Seebach for registration information.
Attention students and teachers: On Wednesday, Feb. 4th, the OHS baseball team will have a fund raiser at the new Beef O’ Brady’s which is located next door in the Publix Shopping Center. 10% of all proceeds will be designated to go to the baseball program. Everyone is encouraged to come out and support the OWLS!
Current Seniors with a 2.7 or higher GPA and an ACT score of 18 or better are encouraged to apply for the Jamal M. Rashed Scholarship. The application deadline is March 17th. Information is on file in the guidance/counseling office.
Attention Juniors: The Presbyterian College is sponsoring a recognition and scholarship program for talented high school Juniors. Scholarships ranging from $8,000 to the full cost of attendance for four years will be awarded. See Mrs. Elliott in guidance. The deadline is March 1st.
Attention Students: The AFS Global Connections Program is looking for students interested in studying abroad. See Mrs. Elliott in guidance.
2009 Owl Yearbook
can order your 2009 yearbook 24/7 and pay in 1 or 2 installments quickly and easily at www.smart-pay.com.
Remember - yearbooks make great Christmas presents!
Yearbook Attic Sale
Did you graduate from OHS in 2000, 1989, 1981, 1986, 1991, or 1995? If you never got your yearbook or have lost yours, yearbook is having on Attic Sale and cleaning out our storehouse of books for these years.
Very limited supply - $50 a copy.
Contact Ms. Pitts at 238-5221 Ext. 2245.
Any student or family that wishes to purchase school photos but forgot to bring their money on School Picture Day can call Lifetouch Studios at (423)892-1332
Ooltewah High School Data Celebration Sheet
State Benchmark for AYP Attainment is 83% of Students Passing as either Proficient or Advanced
- As a school, we went from 72% in 2007 to 95% in 2008 an increase of 23% points!
- Our Caucasian students improved by 19% going from 78% to 97%!
- Our Economically Disadvantaged students improved by 31% going from 59% to 90%!
- Our African American students improved by 37% going from 52% to 89%!
- Our Hispanic students improved by 41% going from 56% to 97%!
- Our Students with Disabilities improved by 60% going from 22% to 8
State Benchmark for AYP Attainment is 93% of Students Passing as either Proficient or Advanced
- Our Students with Disabilities improved by 24% points going from 59% to 83
State Benchmark for AYP Attainment is 89.5% students that enter the ninth grade year graduating four years and one summer later
- We improved our graduation rate by 3.8% to take us from 85.6% to 89.4%
- The science department continues their stellar performance with 99.2% with a three-year average TVAAS score that states that students earn 9.6% higher than they are predicted on their state test
- Lady Owls Softball – TSSAA Class AAA State Champions!
- Boys Track – 4 x 100, 4 x 200, 100 meter dash - TSSAA Class AAA State Champions!